Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a plan!

...and all you really need is a plan!  So I've been a bad blogger, I know.  Part of the problem is that I've been on such a crafting binge lately after my Mother's Day weekend that I've spent all my free time in my corner.  I have a couple projects done, but I'm waiting on a few more before I post pictures.  I'm going for the "wow" effect with that one. 
Anyway, so it's summer time now.  All the other mother's in my life really look forward to the summer and getting to spend endless days with their children.  For some reason, I haven't felt that enthusiasm yet...which makes me sad.  I love my kids!  But with endless days, I kind of don't know what to do with them!  When Payton gets bored he throws things.  He cannot go a single day without throwing.  It's annoying and it happens a couple times a day.  Sigh.  So how do I keep HIM entertained?! 
I have a plan.
Movie Mondays  *because you always need the day of rest after the official day of rest it seems*
Game Tuesdays
Library Wednesdays
Craft Thursdays
Field trip Fridays

I HAVE A PLAN!!

We started yesterday with library Wednesday.  The library has a summer reading challenge where you set a goal of how many books you'd like to read this summer.  Payton and Ella are both shooting for 50 books.  We backed Maddie down to 21 books.  She likes to tell her own stories, which is cute and lovely...but also very lengthy.  A 10-page Winnie the Pooh book can last up to 45 minutes when she gets on a roll. 

So we went to the library yesterday which went pretty well until the frog puzzle came into play.  Needless to say there is no graceful way to take a screaming 2 AND 3-year-old out of an incredible quiet library.  No amount of smiling and shrugging shoulders to gesture "what can you do?!" can make that moment feel any less embarrassing.  The entire 3-story library now knows that your children are not as cute as they look.  Hooray.

So that's done.  Today is Craft Thursday.  We're making....we're going to attempt to make flower faces.  We'll see how it goes.  Right now I'm so freakin' tired from a late night of work last night and early rising kids this morning that I could really justify just about anything for Craft Day.  Hey kids!...glue paper to this rock!...Yea!  Craft day!  Hey kids!...vacuum patterns into my carpet!!  Wash my dishes and imagine the bubbles are all little tiny Glinda bubbles!  Hey kids!...let's watch HGTV all day!!  CRAFT DAY!!

Today I am thankful for coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Vacuum patterns into my carpet! ROFL! Brilliant!

    Your blog is making my laundry folding much more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete