Friday, June 10, 2011

Playing catch-up for the week

So we missed Movie Monday because we wanted to go outside in the sprinklers instead.  Good choice.
We missed Game Tuesday because...well I don't remember.
We missed Library Wednesday because we were all too tired.
Yesterday we made up for it all.
We snuggled and watched Word World for movie time.  We were under the quilts and very cozy.  Then we read all their library books.  Two days done.  During the storm we played Boggle, Jr. which is a great game, but Ella doesn't quite understand that you can't move the blocks around to find the letters you need.  Whatever.  And we made pinwheels for Craft Thursday.  They don't spin, and I don't really know how to fix that.  I know we should have used different ingredients, but we made do with what we had. 

I really love pinwheels.  They're so lovely.  If I had had more paper, ingredients, and time, I would have made a bouquet of pinwheels just for me.

I got my Cape Cod urges out too upstairs.  I've been in such a beach mood lately.  Possibly because my parents are leaving soon for North Carolina to be beach bums for a week.  I'm really jealous and reminding them as often as I can that they're going to miss my 30th birthday.  Sniff, Sniff. 

Beach sand and shells from North Carolina and a globe from Maine.  Summer reading and little boats.  I love the Pottery Barn look without the price.

Another Pottery Barn idea.  Dominos, Bananagrams, and puzzle pieces in Mason jars...easy and lovely.

And daydreams.  Lots and lots of daydreams.  Today is a nice cool day outside.  The nasty storm last night finally brought in some agreeable temperatures.  We're "blowing the stink out" as my niece always says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment