Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I couldn't all be flowers and ponies now could it...

So I had the most amazing weekend, yadee yadee yadee.
Family and food and surprises and love all around.  I really was so perfect it's as if it was rolled in sugar, tied with a rainbow, and presented on the back of a pastel yellow unicorn.  Weekends like that just don't happen.
Well then Monday came and the diarrhea started with Ella and Maddie.

My day was spent wiping poo off and wiping butt paste on. 

Wipe off...Wipe on.

Repeat.

All day and all night.  Wipe off, Wipe on.

And Tuesday continued the same way.  Unfortunately, Tuesday was supposed to be quite a busy day with Payton needing to do testing for 1st grade at St.Francis and me needing to do homework before I went to work.

My dad saved my life by coming up and taking Payton to his testing, and my sister saved my sanity by bringing a diarrhea survival kit for Ella (bananas, yogurt, Pedialyte) and a diarrhea survival kit for me (rosemary and olive oil crusty bread, seafood salad, Gouda cheese, and oreos). 

The bad part was that I couldn't get any homework done because I couldn't get out of the wiping poo cycle!
I was either cleaning poop, cleaning diapers, cleaning toilets seats, cleaning clothes, or cleaning floors from poop.  The homework did not get done.  My first assignment for the nursing program and I couldn't get it done.  Tim came home so I could go to work and I just bawled.  Work was way too busy to really get anything done, so I bawled as I came home, too. 

My sister made me a bunch of CD's a couple weeks ago so one of them was in on my way home last night.  I don't know the name of the song, but the lyrics kept repeating, "have a little faith in me, I'll have a little faith in you.  Just be strong for me, I'll be strong for you."  It was a pep talk in lyric form.  That's my new song for this semester.  God's way of letting me know it's really not that bad....

So I decided I was going to come home, get on the computer, and finish my homework no matter how late I was going to have to stay up.  I just wanted it done. 

I logged on and checked my 1 unread message.

The teacher extended the deadline for this weeks homework to Friday.

I went to bed.

"Have a little faith in me...."

Okay.  Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment