Monday, June 13, 2011

Best. Weekend. Ever. Part 2

So there I was sitting in my favorite chair and watching my kids splash in the pool.  Then out of nowhere, my nephew came up to me and started talking to me about all of his detective work that he's working on.  I did wonder why my nephew was here and where his mother was.  But he had interesting things to say so I just went with it.  Then from around the corner came my entire family!!  With bins of food and my sister's beautiful cupcakes!!
It was a surprise birthday for me!  For my 30th birthday! 

I love my family.  I love food.  I love being outside. 
I got all 3 in one night for my 30th birthday!!

  All 6 kids over for swimming!  I just thought Tim was being nice by setting up the pool for me.  Little did I know....

Tim told me he was working on the air compressor in his shop.  Little did I know...
He was preparing 21 pounds of crawdads for a crawdad boil.  He's so sneaky. 
It all started making sense.  My mom did suggest I don't pick up the extra shift at work Sunday night.  Little did I know...

We rocked the slip-and-slide.  I forgot the first rule of slip-and-sliding though...remove all sharp objects such as keys from your pockets before sliding belly style.  I've got a nice little bruise on my leg to remind me of that.  Smooth move Kelly.


Tim started the boil pot.  Another thing I had no idea about.  He said he needed the propane to heat test a part.  Liar.
Payton played with our dinner.  He started crawdad races.  He has to race everything.  One of the crawdads didn't move so Payton put him back in the cooler.  "That one was broken, mom."  Ah yes, probably needs new batteries. 


So true.  Old guys do rule.

Dinner time.  It was a fantastic meal....and served on brown paper bags.

Beautiful kids in sundresses.  My mom made Ella and Maddie new sundresses. 

It was the best birthday!  I love surprise birthday parties, but it's not something you can really ask for.  Good thing I have a wonderful husband and family to read my mind.
Happy Birthday to me!!  30 doesn't feel like it's going to suck quite as much as I thought it would.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome 30th Birthday Party! Wish we could have been there to help you celebrate, we missed a good one! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete