Monday, June 20, 2011

She peed in my favorite store.

Yes, wonderful little Maddie peed in my favorite yarn store on Friday.  I took a trip to Twist to get a mental vacation from studying.  The girls were lovely and cute in their sundresses and went quietly and quickly to the playroom in the store. 
(Yes, it has a playroom...it is the loveliest space)
They were quiet and well behaved.  They were playing respectfully with the toys. 

I thought I was pulling it off!

Until...

"Miss, I think one of your girls had an accident."

Of course she did.

I told her to go potty before we left.  She "didn't have to go."  Yet somehow seven minutes later we have 3.5 gallons of urine that are now ready for shipment to the nearest embarrassing place.  Say...one foot straight down onto the floor.  That's.  Great.  So I tell the girls to put the toys away we need to go.  We need to go.  We need to go...now.  They start screaming.  Both of them screaming at me as I'm in my favorite store, on my mental vacation, on my hands and knees wiping up urine. 

I got it cleaned up and we moved quickly to the counter to pay for my needles.  They were still screaming.  There were knitters in their quiet little corners, sipping coffee, and talking about intellectual things, I'm sure, until they had to stop and stare at my quandary.  Yes, sorry to everyone.  Don't worry..."SHE'S" leaving. 
What was I thinking.  We got out of the store and hurried back home.  All the while I'm feeling sorry for myself that I can't go out and enjoy just one tiny shopping trip without cleaning bodily fluids.  I put them down for naps and continued to feel sorry for myself.  I daydreamed of the day when I'd be done with nursing school.  No more homework.  No more diapers.  No more potty training.  My kids would be older and maybe then I could go on a successful 10 minute shopping trip. 

I was still mad when Maddie woke up from nap and dressed up in her lion costume.  Mad melted away quickly.  She was fuzzy and cute and wanted to cuddle with me and tell me stories. 
She grabs my face to tell me things.  Her little way of saying, "Do you truly understand the gravity of this situation, mother?  Do you understand the implications of the bear falling down and how that's going to affect future world events?  Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!"
Her expression says that.  Her mouth only says, "Bear bell momma.  He bell." 
We were quickly distracted by the pretty earrings though. Bear falling down would have to be addressed at another meeting. 

Not mad anymore.  Kiss and make up. 
Cancel the permanent vacation to Canada.
Cancel the sale of "precious commodities" to the Gypsies.
We're sticking together for a while longer.

1 comment: