Sunday, June 5, 2011

Field trip Friday and I misplaced my kids Saturday...

When I originally started thinking of destinations for Field Trip Friday, I had the standards on the list:  the zoo, Exploration Place, a baseball game, ect.  And while my list did fill up nicely, the thought of my bank account emptying every week with admissions for 3 kids and 1 adult made me move in a different direction...free things.  Or at least partially free. 

For example, last Friday we had to get a new UV light for Ramone.  So we field-tripped to the pet store. 



Fortunately for us, Tails and Scales in Derby is not just a pet store but it is every cool reptile and fish and...spider...your little heart could want to see...or avoid...depending.
The pictures turned out blurry because I didn't want to flash in the store.  At least until the store clerk told me I could.  Camera flash that is...no dirty flashing on this field trip...that's just a little joke.

Big, bad boys.  ...or girls.  Can't tell.

So after looking around for 30 minutes and letting the kids talk and ask and talk and ask and talk and ask until their little brains just couldn't take any more we got our light and got ready to leave.  Then Payton worked his curious little boy charm and talked the store clerk into...

Guess what Payton wants for his next birthday.  Sigh.
Saturday was pretty uneventful except that I lost 6 children.  They escaped.  My kids and my sister's kids vanished into thin air.  They hid themselves in the most inconspicuous, camouflaged ....

Where in the world could they be?

Forts friggin' rule.

It was a fort that would make the Afghan tunnel system look like...look like...I don't know.  Something small and covert.  It's late, I'm tired.

I finished my book today too.
Fantastic book.  I loved every page.  I highly recommend this book, especially for summer.  You'll get lost in it quick.  And with that...goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. Love the fort-not so much the pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little boys and their charms just ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do a field trip to Great Plains Nature Center. It's free and Cole loves it. You can pay something like $.50 and get some turle food to feed the turles and ducks. Big spender.... ;~)

    ReplyDelete