Thursday, April 21, 2011

Guess what?!...I'm going to Harvard!!!

So I finally made it past Barstow and I'm now in Yermo, California.  I am excited that I'm making headway again (and I'm finally on a different page of my atlas) but it is still hard to be that enthusiastic when you really do the math.  Let's see...I've been on this run since two weeks after Maddie was born.  That was two and a half years ago...365 days in a year, and I've gone just over 200 miles.  Hmmm.  That's not so impressive now.  But why be a Debbie Downer?!  I'm doing it and I'm clicking off miles. 
If I were in Yermo right now, it would look something like this...

In the words of Scuttle the Seagull, "That's very dull."

This looks a little more exciting.  I'm sure I'd end up here for a greasy burger and fries, and a shameless chocolate shake before heading back out to beat the street.  And I'd probably end up tossing that lunch up on the side of the road, so how wonderful that this is all pretend.
Somewhere between Barstow and Yermo is a little dive called the Ghost Town of Calico.  I briefly looked in on those Google Images...
That's enough for me!  Time to go!  Onward and upward...I'M HEADING TO HARVARD!!!

Yea..no.  Not that Harvard.

Yup.  This is the one.  Just keep running just keep running just keep running....don't make eye contact...just keep running....

No comments:

Post a Comment