Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' on the river.....

Okay so let me update you on my little project that I call Move Myself Across America.  I had this grand plan two years ago that if I kept an atlas next to my treadmill that I could track my progress and run myself from Tijuana to Madawaska, Maine....basically run myself from the southwestern end to the northeastern end.  I gave myself five years to do that, then figured up the actual mileage and realized I'd have to run over seven miles a day.  Well.  That goal obviously needed to be tweaked. 

So after Maddie was born, I started on my run.  It was lovely running through southern California through the winter, but as with so many of my goals, it fell by the wayside.  So to cut straight to the heart of this, it's two years later and I'm still not out of California.  I should be dogging through western Kansas by now!  I have a ways to go.  Nevertheless, it is a very inspiring way to run.  So, now that I'm in a fit of motivation, I'm going to start tracking my progress on my blog. 

Like I said, I started my run at the southern most tip of California, and from what I could tell on my map, the best place was to start at the border on Hwy. 5 and run north....
So thank you to Mapquest for letting me draw on your map....sure hope I don't get in trouble for that one.  Anyway, this has been my path up until now.  It's taken my over two years to go this far, but hopefully now that I'll feel a little more motivation I'll start busting off the mileage a little quicker. And the weather in SoCal today...sunny and upper 60's.  Hmmmmm....... 
So if I were actually in California, this is the view I would probably have...or close to it. 
This is how I'll update you on my run.  Right now I'm working myself toward Victorville...I'll post again when I hit my destination.  Victorville, here I come!  Wonder what the shopping is like there....


2 comments: