Monday, November 8, 2010

My coffee, my coffee....

This is a little ditty I jotted down as I was waking up during Sesame Street time.  I just know there's a Nobel Prize for Poetry lurking around the corner for this one. 

My Coffee
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.    (original, huh)
I love how you warm me
on cold Autumn days.
You give me reason
to slither out of bed.
You help clear the fog
out of my groggy head.
You tell my children "be aware...
do not mess with her
until that cup is completely bare."   (yea I know...inconsistent rhythm...it's a ditty not a work of art)
You give me something to hold onto
when sanity is low.
You put pep in my step
when there's three kids in tow.
So thank you to my coffee
and cup and filters too,
for creating a morning person
from a blob of bedtime goo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment