Monday, November 8, 2010

A few Halloween projects before we get into Thanksgiving

Here are the Halloween projects we did this year.  We have plenty of new Thanksgiving ones to do now that I have discovered this world of blogs.  Can't wait for all the new chaos that's soon to be in store...
First we stated out with the First Annual Apple day.
The kids had tons of fun picking all the apples.  Maddie was a machine.  Payton's job was the throw the bad ones across the street to the pasture.  There were a lot of apples and we had a lot of cooking to do...
It was a big weekend of picking, throwing, bobbing, cooking, and caramelizing apples.

Next we headed to Sunnyside Pumpkin Patch with my in-laws.  This was a great pumpkin patch with a lot of fun stuff for the kids to do.  They had a giant slide that Maddie showed no fear on, a petting zoo, corn maze, games, a hayrack ride, and pumpkins.

up close and personal with the cow









So with all these pumpkins we had a lot of decorating to do.  We opted for paint instead of knives...there were just too many pumpkins. 
All together I think they painted 11 pumpkins.






Our house was wonderfully decorated with so many awesome colorful pumpkins and it kept them busy for over an hour! 

Ella's Picasso.

The following week was spooky play-doh day and cookies...




Ewwww...play-doh worms.  Meanwhile, I made muffins/cookies from the same recipe.  The muffins turned out wonderful...the cookies...

The cookies turned out looking like cow pies.  They were really gross.  Muffins only for this one. 

Next came some fantastic leaf jumping.  Just in case things are looking a little to perfect by now, check out the expression on Maddie.  This was equal parts fun and temper tantrum. 


Finally it was almost Halloween and time for the major projects.  The kids and I spent the morning making spooky ghosts.  Payton painted the eyes and the girls played and ran around with the extra ribbon...


Every morning the kids said they were having breakfast with the ghosts.  I really hate to take them down even though it is November while I'm writing this. 
While they took a nap, I did the next project.  Would've been great I'm sure to share this one with the kids, but I wanted it to turn out perfect...I'm anal about my ghouls.  I got this project from www.ourbestbites.com.  It's one of my "check everyday" sites.  The ghosts I got from www.bhg.com
Finally there were cookies for Payton's Halloween party.  This was a great by myself project too that I did with the windows open and a movie on.  I love doing stuff with the kids, but I also love having that kitchen to myself.  That weekend was Halloween and a fun day spent with family.  I love Halloween and everything fall.  I'm also excited about all the cool projects we have for Thanksgiving that we'll be starting this week.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment