Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello Victorville, Ca!

Well it's been 22 miles since my last post and I've finally arrived in the great town of Victorville, Ca.  The first day of running toward Victorville was perfect seeing as how in California is was sunny and upper 60's, while here it was cloudy, cold, and rainy.  I'm trying to learn to pace myself and not flip out over miles, especially during the holidays.  I could have gotten to Victorville a lot sooner, but the week of Thanksgiving had so many more important things to attend to...such as making pie. 



So hello Victorville!  Booming metropolis of 95,000 people and growing.  The New Corral Motel is an attraction on Route 66 with the quick town being a stop on the Route.  That would be another fun run...running Route 66.  I know I could always get a cold beer in Spencer, Mo too, seeing as how my in-laws own the town and I'm friends with the town drunk (who's married to the police chief!)  But that's for another time. 

 In Victorville today the weather is sunny and a high of 57, a lot of colder than I thought, but warmer than Wichita, Kansas!  Today's high is 43 and windy.  Well in my head I can be in Cali.


 Next stop is Barstow, California.  It's 32 miles away so it may be a while.  The running part is pretty easy, but I'm having to take breaks to do muscle training...turns out if you don't normally run and then decide real sudden-like to start, you could develop injuries pretty quickly.  Runner's World website is excellent.  They have lots of free tutorials and videos on how to stretch and train to avoid injury.  So...on to Barstow.  This is a very exciting step since I'll finally get to a new page on my dang atlas.  I've been on page 37 for two years now.  My highlighter is already faded.  Time to move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment