Saturday, December 4, 2010

What to do with a sweater....or 12 sweaters....

Now, about a month ago, I saw a decorating idea on www.bhg.com that I fell in love with.  They took old sweaters and made them into sweater pillows that looked so warm and cozy.  So I took an old maternity sweater and a beautiful green turtleneck sweater that was too small and made me want to claw my neck off every time I wear it and threw together some sweater pillows.  Well that's where the love started.  My brain started creeping into all the bins and nooks and crannies of old clothes.  I found about 7 sweaters that Tim hasn't worn in over 6 years so obviously those were in the free and clear...or so I thought.  That little situation sparked a two day fight because apparently those sweaters he hadn't worn in over 6 years were he very favorite sweaters and I wasn't allowed to touch a single one of them.  After calling him Bill Cosby the Sweater Man a few times I finally decided to give up and headed to the Goodwill.  (As a side note he did finally give me 3 sweaters.)  Let the fun begin...

This is my light of inspiration.  It's old and from my dad's practice room.  This is the light bulb that comes on for me...my "ding!"
Sweater mittens!  Sweater stockings!  Sweater pillows!  SWEATER EVERYTHING!!  My family did get concerned that I would need an intervention...

My girls help me alot.  They get in the "I don't care" drawer and have a hey-day.  There are still quilt scraps all over the house. 

This fugly gray sweater came with it's own shoulder pads.  It had a fantastic makeover once I was done with it...

My sister donated the awesome red reindeer sweater.  It's by far the best pillow and cutest mittens.  I still have some leftover for future projects, too. 
These white mittens were donated by my mom.  It was a cute winter sweater that saw the wrong setting on the washer/dryer.  As so many do...
Sweater stockings...I've made about seven of them.  I don't have the house for seven stockings, but someday I will, so until then...

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I want to do this too. Now I wonder what my husband will say when I pull out his sweaters he hasn't worn in over 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the garnish on the door...the mittens perfected it! and really loved the color of the stocking on the sleigh.

    ReplyDelete