Friday, December 17, 2010

New Art Work

So we finally got around to doing a Christmas craft last night.  This was a needed break for all of us.  This holiday for some reason is just coming off a little rough.  The shopping is done and the house is mostly decorated but we just don't seem to be getting it.  We're all stressed to the brink and so my new plan is to relax and enjoy.  Enough worry, enough planning, enough enough enough.  If I get the Christmas letter done, great.  But I refuse to yell at my kids to leave me alone while I write it...so it's on the ax list until the we spend some serious time making good memories first.  That being said...our project. 








I had the kids trace their hands on the green paper then I cut them out while they drew circles on the scrapbook paper for the ornaments.  Maddie was getting her beauty sleep during this one which was good.













I told Ella to draw circles for the ornaments...well...she did, I guess.











  Beautiful ornament paper...and I seem to have a lot left over.  Darn.













Right before Ella gave up on us.  She crafted for a while, but dad was sick downstairs on the couch and watching tv.  The pull of the tube was too much for her...as was the pull to go snuggle with her daddy.  Who could blame her on that one.






So Payton started cutting out the ornaments.  We had to have a little explaining on sizing.  Half were this size, half were the size of dinner plates.  Finally he agreed to let me cut them out because, "You're a good cutter mom, but I'm better at gluing."  Fair enough. 






Our beautiful finished product.  It's nice to get back to our days at the table.  I need to worry about dust a little less and art on the wall a little more.  Enough said. 

2 comments: