Friday, December 10, 2010

Scientific proof of the existance of Nomadic Nappers...

The night-night game.  It's not a game so much as a position of which daily activities take place. Everyday after breakfast they run into their rooms and get their pillows, blankets, and buddies, and go find some place to set up shop. 









They seem to do all their talking, reading, movie watching, playing, building, and imagining horizontally.  They flop on the couch downstairs, the couch upstairs, their beds, my bed, their brother's bed, the floor, the kitchen floor....everywhere. 


You would think my house was 43 degrees inside and all they have energy to do is conserve body fat and nestle under blankets, but my house is 65, and they do this during summer too! 

Now I know I'm partially to blame being a quilter.  I have stocked this house to the brim with blankets of all sizes and weights, but still....go vertical every once in a while!





They spend most of their snuggling time talking...well Ella spends her time talking...Maddie spends her time either listening or acting like she's listening while actually thinking about bunnies, or marshmellows, or trucks. 






Here is a good example of why the extended running board is important on a treadmill.  Not only do you have extra room to fall behind as you text and run, but you also have room for two toddler bodies to set up a campsite without getting into too many territory disputes. 








Okay, so enough of my nomadic sleepers.  I'm going off the grid for just a tad to show some other pictures and stuff we've been doing and just one more sweater pillow I've managed to eek out. 

A couple weeks ago we set up the Nativity set.  I told them the story and they picked out the character.  I got this set from a college roommate at Benedictine College....it's seen lots of love. 










I realize there were no evergreen trees at the Nativity, but they're pretty, so....whatever.
And the annual funny picture where someone gets substituted for one frame just because it makes us giggle.
And the drumroll please.....THE LAST SWEATER PILLOW OF THE SEASON!!!

That's right folks!  Sweater and Corduroy!  Maternity corduroy pants, while horrid to actually wear do serve a final purpose...they woodsy up a sweater pillow like none other.  Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. oh crap, lightning mcqueen almost made me wet myself. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete