Friday, October 29, 2010

Juan looked at the blushing Kelly and smiled the smile that let her know that this was the moment they've been waiting for, the moment that's been building for months now.  They were finally alone.  The barn was empty of workers and the scent of hay and leaves was thick.  Even the animals were out of the barn, and there were positively NO spiders anywhere because in this barn spiders didn't exist. 
Mom?
Juan started moving slowly toward her.  Each step was calculated to create the perfect brew of intensity and want.
Mom?  I'm hungry.
Her body quivered and her breathe was short and quick.  Pupils dialated with the need to have every moment taken in and saved.  Finally they were only inches apart.  She could smell him, a musty smell of old spice, sweat, and tractor.
MOM!!!  I'M HUNGRY!!  I WANT BREAKFAST!
She couldn't take it anymore.  She grabbed his flannel shirt and jerked him toward her, his face and breathe upon her.  His lips closing in on hers.  Finally, finally, finally...this was the moment....
Mom. 
What Payton?
I'm hungry.  I want breakfast...please...now.
Payton, it's early honey.  Can you just let mom sleep a couple more minutes?  Just give me five more minutes...you can put it on the timer, just five more minutes and I'll get up okay. 
Okay mom...five minutes.  I'm going to put it on the microwave. 
Fine...fine.  Okay sleep please please let me go back to that dream...please please please...sleep take me back to the barn.  Where was I.....there were leaves and hay and he was about to kiss me...sleep sleeeeeeeeep.
Ms. Ryan?  Ms. Ryan?
What?
Ms. Ryan do you or do you not have your paper to turn in?
My what?
Ms. Ryan, your comparative reflection paper.  Do you have your paper to turn in?
Um...I don't know.  Wasn't there a barn somewhere around here?  Or some hay stacks somewhere? 
Ms.Ryan?
What?
Your paper Ms. Ryan.  Do you have your paper?
No.  I don't. 
Well Ms. Ryan I'm very disappointed in you.  And may I ask that next time you bring your paper and it is also common courtesy to wear shoes to class. 
Yea I know...this is the dream where I forget my shoes and my homework.  I hate this dream.  Damn Juan.
Mom?  It's been five minutes. 
Yup.  I'm up.  (sigh)  Let's start the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment