Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lie to me...

Luckily I have a very good imagination.  It has come in handy this last month.  In my house, I see beautiful things that I use to make believe that I actually live in a little coastal town of Maine.  It's 73 degrees outside...not 114.  Hmmm...I think we'll have fresh crab for supper, because that's what we do here in Maine.  Seriously, the weather has really taxed my imagination.  It's almost too much work to keep it up. 

But we caught a break yesterday.  It was seriously nice outside.  We had a late night storm and it actually rained enough to bring the humidity down, which doesn't usually happen.  It also stayed nice and cloudy so I was able to FINALLY have the windows open!!  Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.  Okay, you want the honest truth?...I cried.  Just a little squirt, but still.

I popped popcorn and put the game on.  Okay, so it was a rerun game from 2008, but STILL.  It was football dang it.  Windows open...football on....popcorn popped.  Heaven.

Last night it was still nice enough to do lawn Olympics.  Bathed and jammied and running around until it got dark.  What's even cooler is that it's been too hot for the mosquitoes, so we didn't even have to goob them up with bug spray.
Ella was serenading the sky.  Seriously, she was laying there and singing to the sky.  "So bluuuuuuuue and so preeeeeeetty and so bluuuuuuuuu"  Very inspired.  A future John Denver if you ask me.


I call this one, "MOOOOOOON!"

He may be a genius, but he still has a 4th grade sense of humor.

Transformers pajammies.  Manly man.


Maddie in camo.
It was a nice night.
I also found a countdown timer for my computer.  Countdown is on for graduation from nursing school.
1 year, 8 months, 30 days, 12 hours, 36 minutes, 51 seconds..providing it's a 12:00 ceremony.
Charging ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment