Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh say can you see....a red lobster on me....

I've been wanting to do this craft for a while since I'm in my permanent Cape Cod mood.  I found this site off Pinterest, but the link is
It doesn't really require a tutorial though.
The only difficult part of it is.....
Painting the foot of the 7-year-old in bright red paint.  Actually that part is easy.  Not being stressed while the 7-year-old has bright red paint on his foot is the hard part.  Paper towels were on hand.  It only gets worse though...
Impressed?  I am.  You should see the back of her shirt.  Somehow she kept herself completely clean except for the back of her shirt.  I still don't understand that one.
One foot and two hand prints later.  Now the website has the child use a black fingerprint for the eyes. 
I used a marker.
I'm very happy with that decision.  You can only handle so much stress.  This was Ella's lobster...quite the high arch on her.
Payton's lobster...as flat-footed as he can be.
Next we applied bubbles using the eraser of a pencil.  I thought that would keep globbing at a minimum, but the girl's still found a way.  We made a bunch of lobsters, some to keep, some to share.
This is mine.  I used Payton's feet, but I did mono-color bubbles for a clean red, white, and blue theme.
How unoriginal, but I do really love it.
We may do this every year.  They are so happy and fun.
I finally finished their hopscotch mat, too.  I started it on our Mother's Day weekend and just finished it.

Ella jumping backwards.
Maddie just laying on it.  Not so much hopping, has she been scotching?  Maddie....

No comments:

Post a Comment